Subject: [lvs-users] Balancing to multiple local ports

From: "Tim Bourne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 13:09:54 -0600

Howdy all,

I'm trying to get ldirectord set up to balance to multiple local ports
on the director box.  E.g., 172.16.1.153:180(the host running
ldirectord) balances to 172.16.1.153:2500-2502.  Here's the
configuration:

# Global Directives
checktimeout=3
checkinterval=10
quiescent=no
logfile="/var/log/ldirectord.log"
autoreload=yes

virtual=172.16.1.153:180
        real=172.16.1.153:2500 masq
        real=172.16.1.153:2501 masq
        real=172.16.1.153:2502 masq
        scheduler=wlc
        service=none
        persistent=30
        checktype=connect
        protocol=tcp

When I run a tcpdump to watch incoming traffic, 172.16.1.153 sends back
a RST packet for any incoming requests.  Ipvsadm seems to think
everything is hunky dory.

IP Virtual Server version 1.2.1 (size=4096)
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  172.16.1.153:180 wlc persistent 30
  -> 172.16.1.153:2502            Local   1      0          0
  -> 172.16.1.153:2501            Local   1      0          0
  -> 172.16.1.153:2500            Local   1      0          0

I have set up IP forwarding and all the /etc/modules ip_vs_*.ko and
such.  I've tried changing the real servers to 127.0.0.1, but that
didn't make a difference.  I'm afraid I'm missing something simple here,
but I just can't seem to get it going.  Thanks for any ideas.

Tim Bourne
~ less is more ~

_______________________________________________
Please read the documentation before posting - it's available at:
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/

LinuxVirtualServer.org mailing list - [email-masked]
Send requests to [email-masked]
or go to http://lists.graemef.net/mailman/listinfo/lvs-users

---

From: Joseph Mack NA3T <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 11:35:20 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009, Tim Bourne wrote:

> on the director box.

can't be done. A local node packet is delivered without 
changing the port. Try multiple local IPs

Joe

-- 
Joseph Mack NA3T EME(B,D), FM05lw North Carolina
jmack (at) wm7d (dot) net - azimuthal equidistant map
generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml
Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!

---

From: Michael Schwartzkopff <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 20:37:40 +0100

> changing the port. Try multiple local IPs

Can't this be done by iptables magle?

-- 
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH
Addresse: Bretonischer Ring 7; 85630 Grasbrunn; Germany
Tel: +49 - 89 - 45 69 11 0
Fax: +49 - 89 - 45 69 11 21
mob: +49 - 174 - 343 28 75

mail: [email-masked]
web: www.multinet.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: 85630 Grasbrunn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht München HRB 114375
Geschäftsführer: Günter Jurgeneit, Hubert Martens

---

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42

---

From: Joseph Mack NA3T <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 11:59:27 -0800 (PST)

> Can't this be done by iptables magle?

Hmm. I would have thought that someone would have tried this 
by now, but I can't remember whether they did or not. So I 
can't say no off the top of my head.

If the packets did get rewritten on the way in, you'd have 
to rewrite the reply packet on the way back.

Joe