Subject: [lvs-users] Piranha LVS-NAT to LVS-DR migration

From: George Machitidze <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 17:00:02 +0400

Hello,

I am running LVS-NAT with Piranha on Fedora 10, I am very satifsfied, but
the only problem that I have is that realservers cannot access external VIP
of LVS router.

I want to migrate configuration to LVS-DR. What is required to do with IP
configuration and ARP on the router side and on the realserver side?

Assume attached image as current structure.

-- 
BR,
George Machitidze
_______________________________________________
Please read the documentation before posting - it's available at:
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/

LinuxVirtualServer.org mailing list - [email-masked]
Send requests to [email-masked]
or go to http://lists.graemef.net/mailman/listinfo/lvs-users

---

From: Graeme Fowler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 13:38:56 +0000

> the only problem that I have is that realservers cannot access external VIP

This is covered in some depth in the LVS HOWTO.

The short explanation is that this isn't possible; the longer answer is
that it might be, but it depends very much on your requirement and local
circumstances as to whether you can make it work.

Most notably, using LVS-DR requires the VIP to be bound to a
loopback/dummy/other adapter on the realservers (httpd servers in your
case) which would result in all connections from those servers to the
VIP being handled locally.

Graeme

---

From: George Machitidze <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 18:22:27 +0400

Thanks Graeme,

LVS-DR part of howto is a bit confusing me - it's better to check mini :)

Seems like on router i need to switch to dr mode and on realserver to check
arp issue and assign virtual ip's, that's all I hope :)