Subject: [lvs-users] LVS + Piranha

From: Sergio Cioban Filho <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 08:46:29 -0300

Hi all,

I have installed two servers with LVS (NAT) and Piranha, and I have some
questions about heartbeat.

1) Configuration 1: primary=xxx.xxx.xxx.xx1 primary_private=yyy.yyy.yyy.yy1
backup=xxx.xxx.xxx.xx2  backup_private=yyy.yyy.yyy.yy2 , but I have
problems, when I disconnect only the private cable (LAN) of the Primary LVS,
the Backup LVS not get the virtual IP. The Backup LVS only get virtual IP if
the two interfaces of the Mster LVS fails.

2) Configurfation 2:  primary=xxx.xxx.xxx.xx1  backup=xxx.xxx.xxx.xx2 , in
this scenario Backup LVS only get get virtual IP if the primary=  IP of the
Mster LVS fails.

This is a default behavior?

I need that backup LVS gets virtual IP when any network (cable or interface)
fails at the Primary LVS. It is possible?

** Sorry for my poor english, I'm brazilian. :)

Thanks,
Regards,
---
Sérgio Cioban Filho
| Tecnólogo em Gestão de TI
| Linux Professional Institute Certified - Level 1
------------------------------------------------------------
| Linux - Servidores - Firewall - VPN
| Virtualização - VoIP - ShellScript - C - PHP
| http://cioban.googlepages.com
| +55 48 9989-8733
------------------------------------------------------------
..:: Seja livre, use LiNuX!! ::..
------------------------------------------------------------
Vendo GOL G3 PLUS 1.0 8V 4P 2002 - Branco - COMPLETÍSSIMO - Só R$ 18.500,00
http://cioban.googlepages.com/vendogolg38v
_______________________________________________
Please read the documentation before posting - it's available at:
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/

LinuxVirtualServer.org mailing list - [email-masked]
Send requests to [email-masked]
or go to http://lists.graemef.net/mailman/listinfo/lvs-users

---

From: Joseph Mack NA3T <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 05:00:57 -0700 (PDT)

> questions about heartbeat.

read the HOWTO about Piranha. Most people on this list are 
using ldirectord or keepalived.

Joe

-- 
Joseph Mack NA3T EME(B,D), FM05lw North Carolina
jmack (at) wm7d (dot) net - azimuthal equidistant map
generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml
Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!

---

From: George Machitidze <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 02:15:49 +0400

sergio,

same is for me if i will make ifdown for private interface, regarding
physical disconnection - i'm not so sure and i cannot check it...

-- 
BR,
George Machitidze