Subject: [lvs-users] Uthreshold and sorry server

From: Pinche Rodriguez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 09:54:47 -0700

List -

Can someone tell me if the sorry server for a given cluster becomes active
when all of the  real servers in the cluster hit their uthreshold?  Is the
same true for lthreshold?  Also, when running multiple clusters on the same
LB is there any way to give one clusters¹ traffic priority over the rest?

Thanks -

~Pinche

_______________________________________________
Please read the documentation before posting - it's available at:
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/

LinuxVirtualServer.org mailing list - [email-masked]
Send requests to [email-masked]
or go to http://lists.graemef.net/mailman/listinfo/lvs-users

---

From: Graeme Fowler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 09:38:04 +0000

On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 09:54 -0700, Pinche Rodriguez wrote:
> same true for lthreshold?

Short answer: no.
Long answer: it depends on how you're managing thresholds, and how
you're managing your LVS. Which piece of software are you using (ipvsadm
doesn't count, it's a passive "set and forget" tool).

> Also, when running multiple clusters on the same LB is there any way to give
> one clusters¹ traffic priority over the rest?

I'm not sure I understand that question.

Graeme