Subject: [lvs-users] New spam vector

From: Graeme Fowler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 13:54:17 +0000

My apologies for the recent, obvious, spam.

This is a new vector for me - the sender took the time to complete the
confirmation steps to subscribe, before posting the message.

I've locked their subscription and will be changing the list
configuration shortly to make first postings be moderated.

Regards, and apologies once again.

Graeme

_______________________________________________
Please read the documentation before posting - it's available at:
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/

LinuxVirtualServer.org mailing list - [email-masked]
Send requests to [email-masked]
or go to http://lists.graemef.net/mailman/listinfo/lvs-users

---

From: Graeme Fowler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 16:46:22 +0000

> My apologies for the recent, obvious, spam.

...noting that those receiving the digest version of this list will not
receive that, because I've cleared it from the pending digest copy.

> configuration shortly to make first postings be moderated.

We received a further slew of attempts to send similar messages, which
were prevented by the application of their mod bit.

Apologies once again, all. This is the first time a user has ever
directly subscribed to one of my lists for the sole reason of sending
spam.

Graeme

---

From: Christian Balzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 15:04:52 +0900

> directly subscribed to one of my lists for the sole reason of sending
I've seen the same thing on the DRBD ML as well, so you are not alone
there at the very least. Given on how much effort these people have poured
into automating CAPTCHA challenges, it doesn't really come as a big
surprise that they go for MLs now. Still a bother.

Christian
-- 
Christian Balzer        Network/Systems Engineer                NOC
[email-masked]   	Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Network Services
http://www.gol.com/
https://secure3.gol.com/mod-pl/ols/index.cgi/?intr_id=F-2ECXvzcr6656