Re: [lvs-users] [OT] High Performance Linux Firewall / VPN Device?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] [OT] High Performance Linux Firewall / VPN Device?
From: Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu <m3freak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 22:54:35 -0400
On Sat, 2011-08-13 at 10:38 -0700, Robinson, Eric wrote:
> Okay, so after days of Googling for Linux VPN solutions and finding
> nothing much, I finally Googled "Windows firewall appliance software"
> and found... a turnkey *Linux* open source solution. Go figure...
>
> http://www.endian.com/en/community/overview/

openVPN Access Server is super easy to install and fairly easy to
configure.

Check out their FAQ:

http://openvpn.net/index.php/access-server/section-faq-openvpn-as.html

The licenses for concurrent connections are affordable.

I deployed it at work and it's been working quite well for us. However,
we currently don't have more than about 10 people using it at the same
time.

Since it's SSL, it's CPU bound.  Just throw RAM and more CPU at it to
improve performance.  openvpn AS also has load balancing built in, so
you could throw a whole new server into the mix to improve performance
and gain redundancy.

Regards,

Ranbir

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu
Linux 2.6.32.26-175.fc12.x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux