Re: [lvs-users] backup LVS terminates

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] backup LVS terminates
From: "Ryan O'Hara" <rohara@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 09:14:20 -0500
On 06/18/2012 02:29 PM, solarflow99 wrote:
> why is that?  The question shouldn't be specific to piranha, i'm not
> even using the web front end.

This is specific to piranha. The pulse, lvsd, and nanny daemons are all
part of piranha. What is happening is that pulse exits when either lvsd
or nanny are terminated. A failover occurs, but since pulse is no longer
running on one of the directors, that director is no longer serving as a
backup.

Hope this helps.

Ryan