[lvs-users] Questions about stability

To: "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lvs-users] Questions about stability
From: Henrik Johansson <henrik.l.johansson@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 10:49:09 +0000
Hi,

My organisation has been testing lvs since last summer.
The load-balancing has stopped working twice, at two different sites and OS:es,
there are no logs from these two occasions.

I've done some simple tests on CentOS 5.5 and RHEL 6.0 and 6.1:
When I send kill (HUP) to a pulse- or the lvsd-process, the pulse-processes
dies and the lvsd-process goes into defunct status and the load-balancer stops
working.

I've searched this mailinglist and bug-reports for CentOS and RedHat Linux,
without success.
I've reported a bug at both CentOS and RedHat, in May 2011, no reaction so far.

Are there anyone that has experienced the same sort of problem?

BR,
Henrik

Henrik Johansson, Drifttekniker, UNIX/Linux Administrator
Norrbottens läns landsting, Division Länsteknik
Work: +46 920 2 82670                           Mobile: +46 72 202 6160
Email: henrik.l.johansson@xxxxxx<mailto:henrik.l.johansson@xxxxxx>      Web:
www.nll.se<http://www.nll.se/>
Sunderby Sjukhus, Södra Sunderbyn, 971 80 LULEÅ