Re: [lvs-users] MySQL Cluster Balancing

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] MySQL Cluster Balancing
From: <Darren.Mansell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 08:59:15 +0100
I get that when the DB server is overloaded. It's just that the query
times out. Looking at the script to check MySQL in ldirectord, it's very
simple and doesn't specify any timeouts etc so I assume will be using
Perl DBI defaults. Thing is, if the server is heavily loaded and
ldirectord is moving traffic away from it, then it's working and it's
the desired behaviour.

You can either modify the check_sql routine in ldirectord to lengthen
the timeouts, or just change the checktype to connect. But then you're
losing the ability to see if MySQL is actually responding as it should
and just checking it's listening on 3306.

Darren