[lvs-users] Slow LVS NAT with Debian Squeeze 6.0.3 kernel >2.6.32-38

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lvs-users] Slow LVS NAT with Debian Squeeze 6.0.3 kernel >2.6.32-38
From: ROHAUT Sébastien (EXT GFI) <ext.gfi.sebastien.rohaut@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 13:50:15 +0100
Hi,

I'm encountering a real problem with lastest Debian squeeze kernel.

With 2.6.32-31 kernel (Debian Squeeze 6.0.2) all is working OK.

When upgrading to Debian 6.0.3, LVS NAT started to be very slow. A single html
page, 4KB, takes about 10-15 seconds to display (immediate on 2.6.32-31).

We tried with 2.6.32-38 and lastest 2.6.32-39, we have the problem with both.
We tried to upgrade only the kernel from 6.0.2, so we are sure this is related
to the kernel.

If we access the real server directly, there's no problem, and his IP Gateway
is on the load balancer, so the IP forwardind seems to work correctly on the
server. We tried with keepalived 1.1.20 and 1.2.2, It seems it's not related to
keepalived. So, It must be NAT from IPVS layer.

The only modified kernel values are ipv6 disabling (tried with and without,
same problem), and ipv4 forwarding.

We recompiled ipvsadm-1.26 (1.25 by default on Debian), and recompiled
keepalived 1.2.2 on the platform with correct kernel headers, rebooted, same
problem.

Has someone the same problem?

Sebastien ROHAUT

Message initially posted on keepalived-devel list.

-------
Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes sont établis à l'intention exclusive de
ses destinataires et sont confidentiels. L'intégrité de ce message n'étant pas
assurée sur Internet, la SNCF ne peut être tenue responsable des altérations
qui pourraient se produire sur son contenu. Toute publication, utilisation,
reproduction, ou diffusion, même partielle, non autorisée préalablement par la
SNCF, est strictement interdite. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce
message, merci d'en avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur et de le détruire.
-------
This message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressees and are
confidential. SNCF may not be held responsible for their contents whose
accuracy and completeness cannot be guaranteed over the Internet. Unauthorized
use, disclosure, distribution, copying, or any part thereof is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please
notify the sender immediately and delete it.