LVS
lvs-devel

Re: Making IPVS work with IPv6

To: "Simon Horman" <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Making IPVS work with IPv6
Cc: lvs-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Julius Volz" <juliusv@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:47:47 +0200
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008, Simon Horman wrote:
>  IPVS patches almost always go through netdev and Dave Miller.
>  Dave has a two tree system that works as follows (as far as I
>  understand):
>
>  Suppose that the current version that Linus's tree is working towards
>  is 2.6.24. Then Dave's net-2.6.24 tree would be for bug fixes and
>  his net-2.6.25 tree would be for new features.
>
>  Once Linus releases 2.6.24 then his merge window for will 2.6.25 open
>  and likely stay open for a couple of weeks. I think that at that
>  time Dave's net-2.6.24 will be removed and net-2.6.25 will be merged
>  into Linus's tree. Once the merge window is closed and Linus's tree
>  is working towards 2.6.25 then net-2.6.25 will become the bugfixes
>  tree for netdev and net-2.6.26 will be creted to accept new work.

Thanks for the explanation! So I will try to always keep up to date
with his latest tree.

>  So with a bit of luck the LOCAL_IN stuff might go into net-2.6.26
>  (I think it would be pushing it to get it into net-2.6.25). In any
>  case, if you subscribe to this list (which is rather low volume),
>  then you will probably see any discussions that are going on.

Good. If you mean this list (lvs-devel), I am already subscribed (so
no need to CC me usually, as I will look through all mails). I will
also subscribe to linux-netdev, but since the traffic there is higher,
I won't read through all of it ;)

Regards,
Julius

--