LVS
lvs-devel

Re: Adapting LVS in order to allow Call-Id based persistence

To: pierrick grasland <pierrick.grasland@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Adapting LVS in order to allow Call-Id based persistence
Cc: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 06:25:20 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 3 Apr 2008, pierrick grasland wrote:

But how do you work with persistence ? (actually, with -p options).

Each call during the interval go to the same server, and then, do you reset
the timer for each new call) or no ?

I'd defer to Horms on this if he thinks otherwise but... I wouldn't do it that way. There's all sorts of problems with using a timer in the lvs (-p) persistence to detect a returning client and I'm trying to convince people to move to the -SH scheduler instead.

The -SH scheduler addresses the same problem, but by scheduling on the CIP. As long as the client doesn't change IPs within their session, then you're OK (this is valid except for people using pathologically configured proxy setups).

I don't know if you can us the CIP to uniquely identify a client in SIP. If not, you'll have to do it on call-id.