LVS
lvs-devel

Re: Ldirectord Feature Request

To: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Ldirectord Feature Request
Cc: Caleb Anthony <caleb.anthony@xxxxxxxxx>, lvs-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 05:33:43 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 2 May 2009, Simon Horman wrote:

I'll double check, but I think the weight specifies a proportion
of conections rather than an absolute number. Could you let
me know which documentation you are looking at?

it's the number of connections

see section 4.10.2 of

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.ipvsadm.html#SH-scheduler

no-one used the -SH scheduler for years because no-one understood how to use it. I expect that weighting by the number of connections was probably the easiest to code up, but it's not particularly useful