LVS
lvs-devel

LVS Fwmarks sync

To: <lvs-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: LVS Fwmarks sync
From: "Aleksey Chudov" <aleksey.chudov@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 19:23:05 +0200
Hello!

We need to add 443 port to the same servers those already serving port 80.
Decided to use Fwmarks to have persistence per real rather than per vip and
to minimize virtual servers count.

Configuration

Linux Kernel 2.6.39.4

iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -d VIP -i bond0 -p tcp -m multiport
--dports 80,443 -j MARK --set-mark 1

ipvsadm -A -f 1 -s wlc -p 1800
-a -f 1 -r 1.1.1.1:0 -i -w 100
-a -f 1 -r 1.1.1.2:0 -i -w 100
-a -f 1 -r 1.1.X.X:0 -i -w 100
(320 servers total)

# ipvsadm -l --daemon
master sync daemon (mcast=eth3, syncid=1) backup sync daemon (mcast=eth3,
syncid=1)

We encountered with the following issues with connections synchronization:
1. There is no ActiveConn and  InActConn connections on Backup node, only
PersistConn.
2. System CPU utilization on Backup node (ipvs_backup process) is raised
from 40 % (TCP VIP) to 80 % (Fwmark) on singe cpu core0. But sync traffic is
not changed.

Can someone explain why this is happening?
Is it possible to reduce load on Backup node or is it possible to distribute
load on multiple processor cores?

Best regards,
Aleksey