Re: load balancing the load balancer.

To: klynn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: load balancing the load balancer.
From: Robert Thomas <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 15:07:31 +1100
klynn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I've been doing some thinking and was wondering if anyone has come up with
> a way to load balance the load balancers. So you could have 2 or 3 of the
> load balancers(virtual server enabled) distributed to handle the load for
> high amounts of bandwidth.

Heh. I've been playing with this myself, doing some performance testing.   I
managed to totally flood a 100mb full duplex lan connection and the
redirecting box was only using about 30% of it's CPU (Single Pentium Pro
200/512k).

I bottle-necked at the machines actually -accepting- connections.  I think I
ran out of machines I could throw at it 8)

So, basically, your bottlenecks will be elsewhere 8-)

--Rob