ip_forward still set to 0

To: linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: ip_forward still set to 0
From: Eddie Shi <eshi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 10:24:47 -0800
Hi,
  I set up one linux virtual server here and it works . The only problem
I encountered was
  my /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward still has 0 in the file. I am using
Redhat 5.1 and brought a new 2.0.35 kernel to integrate virtual server
to it. I have to manually modify ip_forward to 1.

  During the boot, I saw something like " set ip_forward off " ,"
syscntl: failed ". Looks to me that the system tried to turn ip_forward
on but failed. My system has two interface cards running on Pentium X86
platform.

  Thanks ahead for your attention.

Eddie