tunneling & masq_app

To: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: tunneling & masq_app
Cc: linux-virtualserver <linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Kese <peter.kese@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 19:21:15 +0100
Hi!

I believe it would be possible to set up an FTP Virtual Server with
Tunneling. In order to do that, the ip_masq_ftp.c code should be
partially reimplemented to work only on upstream part of the TCP
connection.

I have been playing arround with the kernel source code. To start with,
I have put in some printk calls into the ip_masq_ftp.c. It appears, the
ip_masquerading modules do not get used by the tunneling VS patch.

Unlike the original ip_masq_new(), the VS' ip_masq_new_pfvs() function
does not call the ip_masq_bind_app(), which is required in order to use
the module. Therefore, when the ip_fw_demasquerade() calls the
ip_masq_app_pkt_in() function, the later does not find any masq_app
entry in the masq structure and simply returns.

Did I get it right? Would it help to add an appropriate call to
ip_masq_bind_app() into the ip_masq_new_pfvs() or am I forwarding a more
complicated problem.

Cheers,
                        Peter