Re: tunneling & masq_app

To: "Peter Kese" <peter.kese@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: tunneling & masq_app
Cc: "linux-virtualserver" <linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Wensong Zhang" <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 23:20:21 +0800
-----Original Message-----
???: Peter Kese <peter.kese@xxxxxx>
???: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
??: linux-virtualserver <linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
??: 1999?2?10? 17:53
??: tunneling & masq_app

>Hi!
>
>I believe it would be possible to set up an FTP Virtual Server with
>Tunneling. In order to do that, the ip_masq_ftp.c code should be
>partially reimplemented to work only on upstream part of the TCP
>connection.

Yeah, it should be possible. But, I think setting up an FTP Virtual
Server doesn't need to reimplement part of the ip_masq_ftp.c code,
because there is no relation, the tunneling host doesn't need to
parse the PASV command in the ftp packets. You can ftp the tunneled
host, can't you? :-)

FTP virtual server with tunneling should work as you can ftp the
tunneled host. But, note that don't insert ip_masq_ftp.o into
your system, otherwise it will corrupt the ftp packet. If you inserted
ip_masq_ftp.o, please remove it and reboot your system, see what
happens.