Virtual Server Patch version 0.7 released

To: <linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Virtual Server Patch version 0.7 released
From: "Wensong Zhang" <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 09:21:14 +0800
Hi, All,

The virtual server patch version 0.7 was released today, it has
the following new features:
1. Fix a bug in detect the finish of connection for tunneling or NATing to
the local node. Since the server reply the client directly in tunneling or
NATing to the local node, the load balancer (LinuxDirector) can only detect
a FIN segment. It is mistake that the masq entry is removed only if
both-side FIN segments are detected, and thus every masq entry has to expire
in 15 minutes. For the situation above, the code was changed to set the masq
entry expire in TCP_FIN_TIMEOUT (2min) when an incoming FIN segment is
detecting.
2. Add the patch version printing in the ip_pfvs_procinfo()
It would be easy for users and hackers to know which virtual server patch
version they are running. Thank Peter Kese <peter.kese@xxxxxx> for the
suggestion.

By the way, I will go Shanghai for the Spring Festival (Chinese Lunar New
Year), and I stay at home for near two weeks. So, I don't think I will fix
or develop virtual server code at that time, but I will still be on this
mailing list. :-)

Happy Spring Festival!

Wensong