Re: PHT and me

To: Peter Ke{e <peter.kese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: PHT and me
Cc: peter.kese@xxxxxx, VS List <linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Cliff Miller <cliff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Wenzhuo Zhang <wenzhuo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 00:25:00 +0800
Dear Peter,

It's good to see your message.

In fact, the announcement of TurboLinux Cluster really made me feel a
little bit unhappy. I read the GNU Public License again and they did break
the license. Cliff Miller's apologies was sincere enough, but their
intended webpage posting is less satisfactory. Anyway, it is all passed,
let it be.

I do treasure the cooperation in the Linux Virtual Server project. I hope
everyone in the project can write free software with joy and work happily
together. I don't care about how much money I can get from it. If PHT
follows the GPL and they make a lot of money on it, I will feel happy
because they make the Linux Virtual Server popular. If they want to give
some feedback (devices or money) in order to support the development of
Linux Virtual Server project, I would be much happier. :-)

It's good to hear that you are a full time graduate student. I am a full
time graduate student too. I will keep working on the Linux Virtual
Project. By the way, I have already integrate Alan's heartbeat code into
the Linux Virtual Server, the primary and the backup of LinuxDirector
heart-beats each other periodically, the backup will take over the Virtual
IP address if it cannot hear the heartbeat message "I am alive" in two
seconds. I don't know how the TurboLinux daemon works. I think Alan's
heartbeat code is great. I will put the instructions to configure the
heartbeat code to work for Linux Virtual Servers on the web page soon.

By the way, I will try to get devices to contruct the virtual server
testbed, in which I can test the performance of Linux Virtual Server easily.

Cheers,

Wensong