Re: [STATUS] Linux Virtual Server Development

To: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [STATUS] Linux Virtual Server Development
From: Rob Thomas <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 21:35:14 +1100
Well. I'm allmost back from the insanity that's been my life recently, and
looks like I can do some more coding. Phew!

> Open issues:
>
>   * Porting the virtual server patch to kernel 2.2

That's gunna be the scary project. Is there anyone here with a good clue on
ipchains?

>   * The easy-install and easy-use cluster management software
>
>         +1:
>         -0:

I started beating on this a while ago. It's a curses based app, and is about
30% there so far (40% of backend and 20% of frontend written).  I've got
caught up in other pay-rob-lots-of-money-to-write-code projects, so the free
stuff has been put on hold for the moment. But I will get back into it. As it
gets closer, I'll be updating the Greased Turkey Document with how it all
works and ties together.

At the moment, it flushes all the virtual configurations and re-creates them
when you hit [ok] - I'll think about doing it properly when I get back into
coding it again 8-)

--Rob