Re: The problem of Linux 2.2.3 tunnel device

To: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: The problem of Linux 2.2.3 tunnel device
Cc: VS List <linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Phil Z." <philz@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 17:20:26 -0600
We ran into the same problem with 2.2.3. moving to 2.2.4 seemed to fix
the arp problems. The only problem that we still have to overcome is
speed. There is about a 2 second delay between the time a request is
made at the load balancer and when the real server (pop3) gets the
request.
I thought it be reverse lookups but all ips have dns entrys both reverse
and forward. I noticed when I made a call to the server directly it was
fast. But when I used the load balancer the delay shows up.

Any Ideas?

Regards

Phil Z.