Re: Linux Virtual Server Development

To: VS List <linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Linux Virtual Server Development
From: Michel Blanc <mblanc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 16:23:45 +0200
Wensong Zhang wrote:

>   * Load-informed scheduling
>     The agents running on real servers collect the load and memory information
>     and send them to the agent(poller) running on the LinuxDirector, and the
>     poller give load information to the ippfvs in the kernel, the ippfvs
>     balances packets over real servers according to load information.
>
>         +1: matthew, wensong
>         -0:

Hi Everybody,

Does anyone has more info on "Load-informed scheduling" ?
Whay kind of data will be provided back (load data ? new weight ?) and
how (via eth ? serial ? snmp ? etc...)

It would be interesting to know a bit more about it so people could
start writing agents to provide this info back to the load balancer.
Also, I am looking forward adding a "cluster bypass" feature that would
be tied to this "Load-informed scheduling" feature : when the cluster
nodes are all too busy traffic could be redirected elsewhere.

Thanks.

Michel Blanc.