Re: A new 2.2 VS patch

To: Peter Kese <peter.kese@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: A new 2.2 VS patch
Cc: linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Christopher Seawood <cls@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 12:05:47 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 25 May 1999, Christopher Seawood wrote:

> Well, we gave the new patch a shot tonight and I still can't seem to get
> it working.  I'm using my desk machine as a load balancer that tries to
> connect to one of our webservers.

Found the problem.  Operator error.  Apache wasn't bound to the vs
ip addr.  When I tested with ssh instead, everything worked fine.
Tonight, I'm going to try upgrading one of our production 2.0 servers to
2.2 using NAT.

> TCP  00:19.92 galileo.aureate.com  dillinger.aureate.com http (80) -> 1495

Question still stands about this one though.  If we're using direct
routing, should these entries show up in our masq table?  And does this
mean that the real server is actually passing everything back to the VS
rather than doing direct routing?

- cls