Re: Linux Virtual Server and Microsoft SQL Server

To: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Linux Virtual Server and Microsoft SQL Server
Cc: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxxxx>, linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx, psysadmin <psysadmin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 20:01:55 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Wensong Zhang wrote:

> Anyone who have tested or are going to test it, please let
> me know the result, no matter it is good or bad. :-)

my initial test ran into trouble because I couldn't get up LVS
correctly. I have an ssl-httpd on my director box (I have one
real server at home and one director, I can't move the ssl-httpd
to the real server as one is libc5 and the other is libc6 and
I get a segv). The only LVS I can set up then is a director
operating in localnode mode and no real servers.

As a preliminary test, I started a regular httpd and an ssl-httpd
on 192.168.1.110 and put the (tunneling LVS) into localnode node with

root@di://usr/local/etc/httpd/conf:120# ipvsadm -L
ippfvs (LinuxDirector) version 0.9 (Tunneling, LocalNode, WRR, size=4096)
IP Port Forwarding & Virtual Server Table
Protocol Local Addr:Port ==>
                        Remote Addr           Weight ActiveConns
TotalConns
TCP      192.168.1.110:80 ==>
                        127.0.0.1             1      0           1
TCP      192.168.1.110:443 ==>
                        127.0.0.1             1      0           3

I could connect directly to the http and https urls from
the director box both with and without LVS. I expected
that when I activated LVS with ipvsadm that I would no
longer be able to connect from the director and I would
then have to use a client outside the LVS.

Is it possible to test LVS when I only have a director
and its operating only in the localnode mode?

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx