Re: LVS and Apache-SSL

To: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LVS and Apache-SSL
Cc: Tymm Twillman <tymm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 21:53:05 +0200
On 1999-06-25T15:26:10,
   Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> Well how about we let the people from aol beat
> on one server.  The load balancer will send all other
> requests to the other servers which won't be doing a whole
> lot.

Sure. Thats a good way of tackling this. However, we aim for perfection and
world domination in the long run, don't we? ;-)

So it is good to keep this in the back of our minds as a possible improvement.

Like I said, it is not just SSL which might profit from this, any proxied
connection will (ie the X-Forwarded-For header can be used in the normal
case).

I admit it is not top priority right now.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée

--
Lars Marowsky-Brée
Network Management

teuto.net Netzdienste GmbH - DPN Verbund-Partner