Re: LVS & Mail server ?

To: linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS & Mail server ?
From: Stefan Stefanov <sstefanov@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 15:37:51 +0300
Rob Thomas wrote:

> loc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > I need this to convince my boss that LVS  is THE SOLUTION for very
> > Scalable and High Available Mail/POP server. I have the intent to setup
>
> This is about the hardest clustering thing you'll ever do.  Because of
> the constant read/write access's you -will- have problems with locking,
> and file corruption.. The 'best' way to do this is (IMHO):

I think this might be not-so-hardly achieved with CODA and Qmail.

Coda (http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu) allows "clustering" of file system
space. Qmail's (http://www.qmail.org) default mailbox format is Maildir,
which is very lock safe format (even on NFS without lockd).

As I haven't implemented this it's just a suggestion.

--
Best Regards,

Stefan Stefanov
Orbitel Ltd.