Re: Buffer overflow when listing large number of VLS's?

To: "Ted Pavlic" <tpavlic_list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Buffer overflow when listing large number of VLS's?
From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 18:05:14 +0200
On 1999-06-30T10:34:13,
   "Ted Pavlic" <tpavlic_list@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> (So basically on every virtual server there exists an alias for 700+ (1024,
> probably) IPs. In our old setup, we used one server with a large number if
> IP aliases. We're basically doing the same thing here.)

Basically, this sounds very broken by design.

You may want to consider HTTP/1.0 and using virtual servers running on a
single IP.

However, we might want to talk anyway - we are setting up a very cool
e-commerce thing too, and I was wondering what you are using for monitoring
the servers ?

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée

--
Lars Marowsky-Brée
Network Management

teuto.net Netzdienste GmbH - DPN Verbund-Partner