Re: Question about passive FTP

To: Ted Pavlic <tpavlic_list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Question about passive FTP
From: Tymm Twillman <tymm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 13:16:22 -0400 (EDT)
Right.  Because the new connection is to a different IP (but on the same
box)... You'll get the same thing if you try to FTP to localhost, and
then tell it to use an IP address on the ethernet interface for passive
FTP... There's really not any good way to handle this currently, because
the control connection is to one IP and the data connection is to
another.  AFAIK, hacking the FTP server to handle this is about the only
really viable way around the problem (or use a NAT VS).

-Tymm