RE: Cannot get this thing to work

To: "Baeseman, Cliff" <Cliff.Baeseman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Cannot get this thing to work
From: Gabriel Neagoe <Gabriel.Neagoe@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 10:02:03 +0300
Hello Cliff

I had a similar problem with the NAT on the VS.
First take a look in the connections list on the real server (use "netstat")
-if you have no connection on VS-s address and port that means you have a
problem with the distribution
-if you have a SYN_RCVD connection on the real server there is something
wrong with the returning packets ( I had a BIG problem here...the solution
is to recompile the kernel with the _ONLY_ masquerading settings according
to specifications of the VS ... if you add some masq features, although
everything seems perfect, it won't work)

hope that helps
Gabriel Neagoe, GN379-RIPE
Networking consultant
Cisco product manager, CCNA, CCDA