Re: ARP problems + patch (the last?)

To: Axel Dunkel <ad@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ARP problems + patch (the last?)
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, support@xxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <uli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 09:31:22 +0300 (EEST)

On Sat, 18 Sep 1999, Axel Dunkel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> even after the arp patch I still had problems with DR and local clients. I
> tracked this down to the following: a local client connects to the farm
> address, the VS machine forwards the packet to a real server. If this very
> real server does not have an arp entry for the local client, it sends out an
> arp request for the local client - and gets stuck since he is using the farm
> address (the request gets blocked by the arp patch). So the local client
> does not get a reply until the real server has an arp entry (due to some
> other traffic). I hope this was the last ARP problem. :-)

        Nope, this is not the last ARP problem. You can't use
ip_dev_find(src_ip). It doesn't lookup the device by IFF_UP and can find
device which is DOWN. This prevents two interfaces with same IP to
coexist (only one with IFF_UP). The problem is to implement the code which
use IFF_UP as search key.

Regards,

Julian Anastasov