Re: References

To: Paul Walker <pwalker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: References
Cc: Linux Virtual Servers Mailling List <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael Sparks <michael.sparks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 13:35:17 +0100 (BST)
Paul,

Browsing through the archives of the LVS (I just joined the list), I
noticed this:

"DOSCHER,JONATHAN (Non-HP-SanDiego,ex1)" wrote:

> I'm currently workin on a proposal for LVS here at my work.  I am
> looking for references, primarily company names at this point, and a
> contact name if I have any more questions for someone individually.
> I just need some large companies to show that this is production
> software.  Thanks in advance.

Currently FWIW, I'm in the process of testing this stuff with a small
number of our web cache servers - 4*50Gb Cache boxes. So far results are
very promising, and I'll be starting to put some production load on it
later this afternoon - ramping up usage from local users (several thousand
client machines sending all their traffic through it) over the week.

If that goes well (which I hope it will :-) my plan is to move over some
of our national traffic over to do some proper testing. If that goes well,
we may well farm this out to the other couple of dozen cache servers as
well. I can keep you posted on our results if you like?

Michael.
--
National & Local Web Cache Support        R: G117
Manchester Computing                      T: 0161 275 7195