Re: Question about loopback

To: Wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Question about loopback
From: Ratz <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 1999 22:25:20 +0200
Hi Wayne,

Sorry if I (perhaps) didn't express myself in a correct way. We just set
up a few Webservers (Apache) on a HP/UX 11.00 Server. But it doesn't
work right now and I'm not sure if setup is correct because I can't set
up a virtual loopback device lo0:1 with netmask 255.255.255.255. I will
receive a patch from HP on Monday. This sould also be the day on which
they wanted a working loadbalancer. BTW: If someone is interested, I'm
trying to set up three Loadbalancing Machines HA for Swisscom, our
biggest phone company.
Another question I would like the answer is:
Is it possible to set up a working LB that balances different networks
through different NIC's as depicted at the attachment?
If you need additional infos, just drop me a mail. Thanx in advance for
your help.

Best regards

        ratz