Re: I really can't understand it...

To: Ratz <ratz@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: I really can't understand it...
Cc: Axel Dunkel/Dunkel/DE <ad@xxxxxxxxx>, "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 23:59:47 +0800

Ratz wrote:

> Big thank to you all for helping and putting me on the right way. I will
> continue to make tests with this LVS-project. But unfortunately I had to
> install an ACEdirector2 from Alteon, because they wanted me to install
> loadbalancer today. :-((

Sorry that you didn't get LVS used for the project. :(

Well, when you got the problem with LVS/DR and couldn't solve it at
time, you should give a try on LVS/NAT, which is easy to set up and
work with all servers. :) And, as far as I know, ACEDirector uses
the NAT approach to do server load balancing too.

BTW, the reason that the load balancer generates ICMP redirect packet
is:
    When a packet destined for the VIP is received and put back
    on the same network interface by the load balancer, it
    causes an ICMP host redirect message to be sent to the router.
The solution is to suppress the icmp redirect messages, just
like what Axel said.

Wensong