Re: Need hints on getting LVS working.

To: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Need hints on getting LVS working.
Cc: Zalman Stern <zalman@xxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Michael Sparks <michael.sparks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 12:54:42 +0100 (BST)
> > I want to use virtual server functionality to allow switching over
> > from one pool of server processes to another without an interruption
> > in service to clients.

> In general this can't be done - you loose the connection and have to
> start again. It's on the todo list.

? I must read that differently to you :-) ?

current realservers : A,B,C
servers to swap into the system instead  D,E,F

* Add servers D,E,F into the system all with fairly high weights (perhaps
  ramping the weights up slowly so as not to hit them too hard:-)
* Change the weights of servers A,B,C to 0.
* All new traffic should now go to D,E,F
* When the number of connections through A,B,C reaches 0, remove them from
  the service. This can take time I know but...

Has the required effect.

Michael.
--
JANET Web Cache Service                   R: G117
Manchester Computing                      T: 0161 275 7195