LVS and CODA

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: LVS and CODA
From: "Paul Newman" <Paul_Newman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 15:31:56 -0000
Has anybody successfully implemented a LVS / CODA mailserver solution, is so would you please share some details.

I have a working LVS squid cache so am familiar with the concepts, I also have a 2 node CODA filesystem. The problem I am facing is how to allow anonymous read/write access to the coda servers while maintaining a syncronized passwd file to allow the LVS to load balance access to the POP3 mail spool files - so far thats not working.

I this isnt viable, how do I syncronize the passwd files to multiple POP3 servers (RedHat 6.0) with access to mail spool files on an NFS server - rsync ? (or is this a BAD idea)

I have considered using perdition, but this handles accounts on a one-by-one basis and I dont fancy having to enter a couple of hundred entries into its lookup table !!

Any advice in this area would be much appreciated.

Thanks ..... Paul N