Re: Volunteers for the webpage? (Re: Announce: Updated LVS HOWTO-2.2.1

To: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Volunteers for the webpage? (Re: Announce: Updated LVS HOWTO-2.2.13)
Cc: Michael Sparks <zathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Linux Virtual Servers Mailling List <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael Sparks <zathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 19:01:43 +0000 (GMT)
On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> > BTW, I'm rsyncing the website every night so if you want mention a
> > european mirror site, feel free. (It's not on wwwcache.ja.net since that's
> > not a linux box capable of joining a VS-TUN LVS ... ;-)
>
> Thats up to Wensong.

Whatever - I just presented it as an option :-)

> However, I can point www.uk.linuxvirtualserver.org / linux-vs.org at your
> site, and as soon as I find time, I would like to play with geographical load
> balancing, ie directing the client to the server closest for him.

Again, whatever you find convenient - I've just looked at the pages again
and seen that the main site is now in germany, so if it's redundant so be
it - if you do, I'll give you a local VIP that I can shift to a different
machine if need be :-)

> That could initially be done using a simple Perl (or whatever) script
> redirecting all requests from http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/ to the
> respective mirror based on some lookup.

This'd be excellent - I've always liked that sort of idea. (To an extent
this is the idea behind what Akamai do, but in order to be on their
machines you need to pay serious cash...)

Michael.
--
National & Local Web Cache Support        R: G117
Manchester Computing                      T: 0161 275 7195