Re: Horms' method of solving the arp problem for VS-DR

To: Jerry Glomph Black <black@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Horms' method of solving the arp problem for VS-DR
Cc: Linux Virtual Servers Mailling List <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael Sparks <zathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 10:33:58 +0000 (GMT)
Hi,

> We had a monster load distribution problem,

I know the feeling :-)

> and spread 4 virtual IP numbers across 10 'real' boxes (running Roxen,
> a fantastic web platform).

Cool news, I may try this on the next box I add into our cache cluster.
For reference we've now moved about 1/5th of our servers out of the
"standard" service and into the LVS based service, with the effect for end
users of decreasing response times by eliminating bursts of traffic on any
single machine. Suffice to say, we're going to be continuing to shift more
over :-)

Michael.
--
National & Local Web Cache Support        R: G117
Manchester Computing                      T: 0161 275 7195