Filesystems and VFS

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Filesystems and VFS
From: zas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 15:06:02 +0100 (CET)
Hi,

        i'm interesting in using LVS with a bunch of webservers.
If somebody has any experience with these different filesystems,
i'll be happy to know some about it.

        INTERNET                        INTERNET

            |                               |
        ---------                       ---------
        |       |       HA link         |       |
        |  IPVS |-----------------------|  IPVS |
        |   1   |                       |   2   |
        ---------                       ---------
         |                                     |
         |      -------------------------------|
         |      |                              |
         |--------------------------------     |
         |      |                        |     |
         |      |                        |     |
        ---------                       ---------
        |Web    |                       |Web    |
        |Server |                       |Server |
        |A      |                       |B      |
        ---------                       ---------

I have this project ( alpha only for now ;) ) :

Two linux box using ipchains + ipvs + high-availability via ARP Spoofing as
firewalls
with 3 NICs in each. ( One to external network, one to internal network, one
for HA link )
Two web servers with 2 NICs in each.
One  hub connecting IPVS1 , WSA and WSB, and another one to connect IPVS2, WSA,
WSB.
WSA and WSB will use RAID-1 software for data disks ( 2 x 9.1 UW2 scsi disks in
each )

I want use an RR ipvs on each fw ( splitting packets between WSA et WSB )

My goal : failure on any of the four linux box doesnt interrupt the service.

Is there any problem with that ? Any better solution ?
What about routing ( protocol needed ) ?
Is there any limitation ( ftp ie . ) ?

Is there a good way to synchronize different repertories between WSA and WSB ?
CODA, VFS , AFS ? reliability of these filesystems ? Data integrity and
recovering ?

Thanks for any response or help :)

Zas

( zas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx )