Re: proxy farm

To: valery brasseur <vbrasseur@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: proxy farm
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 01:48:10 +0800
valery brasseur wrote:

> I have seen some discussion about "proxy farm" such as AOL or T-Online,
> I am now facing this problem !! Did some of you got working solution by
> now ? I am thinking going to Resonate product but ...

I don't understand what your real problem is.

If you want to build a persistent proxy cluster, you just need set a
LVS box at the front of all proxy servers, and use the persistent port
option in the ipvsadm commands. BTW, you can have a look at
http://wwwcache.ja.net/JanetServices/PilotServices.html for how to
build a big JANET cache cluster using LVS.

If you want to build a persistent web service but some proxy farms are
non-persistent at client side, then you can use the persistent
granularity so that clients can be grouped, for example you use
255.255.255.0 mask, the clients from the same /24 network will go to
the same server.

Wensong