Using LVS for WWW flow control ?

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Using LVS for WWW flow control ?
From: "Jean-Francois Nadeau" <jna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 11:10:00 -0500
Hi !

I want to use LVS to load balance 2 APACHE web servers. But first, I want to
control how many clients gets to our first web server before sending
requests to our second web server.  Here`s an example :

The first 400 connections goes to real server 1 and will be persistent for
10 minutes.  The exeding requests goes to server 2.

Even if exeding requests goes to real server 2, I want the persistent
connections to remain on server 1.

Got the idea ? Instead of serving poorly 1500 connections, we accept 400 on
server 1,  the 1100 others goes to server 2 while the load on server 1 gets
under 400 connections.

Can I do this ?

Maybe I could rewrite ipvsadm rules when the load on server1 gets over and
under 400 connections using a scripts.

I will use DR, WRR and persistent port.

Thanks in advance.
JNA