Re: Filesystems

To: emanne@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Filesystems
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: <zas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 11:27:48 +0100 (CET)
I'm interesting in lvs servers too :)
But your questions are identical to mine :

Is there a good way to share files ?

What about using local rsync between web servers ?
Coda is under development ( and resource expensive ) , nfs
out-of-question, other distributed file systems projects need more
testing.

About logging, can web servers write to the same file ? But where to put
these global logs ? I think it is not a good idea ( nor possible in a
slow network ) .
the only way i see is to periodically concatenate all logs files and
make analysis on that.

What about lvs and ftp ?

When somebody uploads a new file ( an html file i.e. ) to update his
website it must be present for any web servers in lvs. So we can put
these files in a shared directory ( shared by ftp and web servers ). But
it can be a big load ...
We can have a directory containing web pages for each web server ( but
it losts space ) with a synchronization between ftp dir and web dirs...

It's a bit complicated ...

I need more informations on that, any help welcome :=)

Laurent Monin
lmonin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx