Re: Netfilter Port?

To: Joshua Prismon <Josh@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Netfilter Port?
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 01:08:21 +0800
Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

We are now investigating how to port the LVS stuff under the NetFilter
framework and make the LVS stuff run more efficiently there. We may
implement fine locking for a extremely big hash table, which may hold
millions of entries. We also need to consider how to parallelly (LVS)
forwarding packets on a SMP box, and adapt to the change of bottem
half handling in the kernel 2.3.

Anyway, you ideas on porting are welcome.

Thanks,

Wensong