persistent connections

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: persistent connections
From: Patrick Kormann <pkormann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 15:33:34 +0100
Hi!

I have the following problem: I have a direct routed 'cluster' of  4
proxies.
 I'd like to (normally) make my connections persistent for some time (say, 1
h) to avoid problems with changing source IP addresses of our proxies.
Well, I have a script that checks the availability of my proxies and takes
them out of the list if one is unreachable.
Now, my problem is that even if the proxy is taken out of the list of real
servers, the persistent connection is still active, that means, that proxy
is still used.
So, what I'd like to do would be to use persistent connections as long as
the unit is available, if it fails (and is no longer in the list of real
servers), it shoudl switch to another real server.
How do I do that?

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Patrick Kormann