Re: Using LVS for an high performance database

To: Markus Bernhardt <mbernhardt@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Using LVS for an high performance database
Cc: lvs-users <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 12:11:56 +0100
On 1999-12-28T11:12:04,
   Markus Bernhardt <mbernhardt@xxxxxxxxxx> said:

> We want the scheduler to analyse the first two byte of the
> request, and then send it to the corresponding real server.
>
> Sounds that better ??

The LVS currently can't do this yet, and I don't know how soon Wensong (or
someone else;) will be able to add this feature. I think the Netfilter port
currently has higher priority.

Maybe you should consider using an application level proxy which analyses the
request and passes it on to the right database, returning the result to the
client?

(ie, if you would be using HTTP to access the database, squid/Apache/delegate
could do this)

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée

--