Re: LVS-NAT + ssh port forwarding

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS-NAT + ssh port forwarding
From: harlan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 14:10:00 -0600 (CST)
> Ssh can also be used to create a local access that is forwarded to a
> remote access throught the ssh protocol. For example you can use ssh to
> securely map a local acces to a remote POP server:

Ssh can create a serute tunnel to a remote web server, too, but not to
a remote LVS cluster, for the same reason that you can't connect to
the LVS web server from the LVS machine itself.

I think.

Is this limitation (not being able to access the LVS server from the
load balancer) a "small matter of programming", or is it a fundamental
limitation that can never be worked around?  I'm asking because it
would be really, really nice to be able to create a secure tunnel to
our LVS cluster, and the natural ways to do this appear to be thwarted
by "the localhost problem" (for lack of a better term.)

There are usually ways to work around the localhost problem, but
solving it outright would be a good thing too.

--
Pete Harlan
harlan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx