Re: how many connections handled in Load Balancer

To: lvsp <lvsp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: how many connections handled in Load Balancer
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 23:04:29 +0800
> lvsp wrote:
>
> HI! I just setting up Three server via LVS-NAT.
> thanks for kind document in LVSP site.
>
> BTW I have one question !.
> If some site have one million users. then Load balancer can cover
> those big request ?. I mean the capacity of load balancer.

Each connection entry takes 128 bytes effectively. So, if you have
128M memory free, you can hold one million connections. However, the
throughput of LVS/NAT depends on your CPU and net performance.

Anyway, if the LVS/NAT load balancer becomes a bottleneck of the whole
system, you can switch to the LVS/DR or LVS/TUN. :)

Wensong