RE: [lvs-users] LVS-DR generates TONS of icmp unreachables

To: Jivko Velev <jiko@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [lvs-users] LVS-DR generates TONS of icmp unreachables
Cc: wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Jerry Glomph Black <black@xxxxxxxx>, Julian Anastasov <uli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 16:44:31 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Jivko Velev wrote:

> So, all confirmation packets of one TCP connection are redirected
> /persitently/ from VIP to RIP /because it wont work otherwise/.
> My suggestion to the designers & implementators of LVS is to redirect the
> ICMP packets in the same way /all required info is in ICMP packet/
> and everything will be OK.

Wensong some icmp code in 2.2.13-0.9.6(or maybe 7) - I don't know what's
in there, and can't help further here. I would assume that an icmp packet
coming from the client (eg PORT_UNREACH) would arrive at the correct
realserver, but one from an intermediate router would not.

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx