[lvs-users] What if the real server want to access the virtual server?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] What if the real server want to access the virtual server?
From: Robert Kavaler <kavaler@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 22:52:51 -0800
I have an application where the real servers need to ask for services
from the virtual server in DIRECT ROUTING mode.   Since the real server
has the virtual server's IP on its loop-back interface all outgoing
packets are immediately directed back to the originating real server and
never make it to the virual server.   Is there some way to tell Linux to
force all packets for a lLOCAL IP address out a specific interface?

II think that NAT will work for this case, but that direct connect will
not.  I'm not sure about tunneling.  If you know how to make direct
connect work, please email me at kavaler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  Thank you,

Robert Kavaler