[lvs-users] tulip/eepro100 (was: Re: [lvs-users] 2 LVS problems)

To: Craig Sanders <cas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lvs-users] tulip/eepro100 (was: Re: [lvs-users] 2 LVS problems)
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 10:43:38 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Craig Sanders wrote:

> another question, about the LNE100TX NICs: i ordered real DEC 21x4x
> cards, but they are almost impossible to get here so my hardware
> supplier substituted these PNIC clones - "Lite-On 82c168 PNIC rev 32"
> according to the tulip driver. in the HOWTO, someone else had a problem
> with tulip cards which he fixed by replacing them with eepro100 cards.
> would switching to eepro100 or 3c59x cards be a good idea?

Hi Craig,
        I posted something earlier this week about card problems that
occured while doing performance testing. I couldn't get a tulip card
(FA310TX) to work on one machine while an eepro100 worked fine. The
relevant info on how to detect the problem is in my posting. Give me a
yell if you need more info.

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx