Re: [lvs-users] Help with getting started

To: Kurt Schwehr <schwehr@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Help with getting started
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 19:22:56 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Kurt Schwehr wrote:

> I've tested out masq and I got the browser to access outside
> sites. Here is what I'm trying to do for LVS/NAT, just to see how
> things work:
>

> 204.71.200.75                   206.79.171.51
> www.yahoo.com                   www.lycos.com
>     |                               |
>     |                               |
>     -------------  Internet ---------
>                    router to world
>                   x.x.x.207
>                     laptop
>                    10.1.0.1
>                    10.1.0.2
>                simple web browser

Hi Kurt,
        To access yahoo and lycos from the browser you only
need NAT on the laptop.

        LVS is designed to allow mutliple identical servers, who in your
diagram would be on your 10.1.0.x network to be seen as only one server
from a machine on the internet. To set up the LVS you have to make
modifications to the IPs on the servers, the routing table and possibly
the kernel. As a first step to get the above setup to work, lycos and
yahoo would have to set their default route to your laptop.

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx