Re: [lvs-users] ipvsadm didn't want to compile

To: "Ty Beede" <tybeede@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] ipvsadm didn't want to compile
Cc: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Doug Bagley <doug@xxxxxxxx>
Date: 16 Feb 2000 16:05:46 -0600
"Ty Beede" <tybeede@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I just experianced a problem with ipvsadm on a slackware 4.0 machine.
> I went to compile it and it gave me an error indicating that the iphdr
> type was undefined and it didn't like that when it saw the ip_fw.h
> header file.  I just
> #included <linux/ip.h> in ipvsadm.c, which is where the iphdr
> #structure is defined and everything went ok... I don't
> think my local setup is broken... perhaps others have had a similar
> experiance?

I had a similar experience with a Slackware based system.  I didn't
have any problems with a RedHat system.  The guy that actually built
it for me had this to say:

  The reason that it fails "out of the box" is because fwp_iph's
  type definition (struct iphdr) was #ifdef'd out in <linux/ip_fw.h>
  (and not included anywhere else) since the symbol __KERNEL_ was
  undefined. Including <linux/ip.h> before <linux/ip_fw.h> in the .c
  file did the trick.

Cheers,
Doug