Re: TurboCluster's management and HA features?

To: "Feldman, Jim" <Jim.Feldman@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: TurboCluster's management and HA features?
Cc: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: wanger@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 21:20:23 -0500
On Thu, 24 Feb 2000 17:36:25 -0600, "Feldman, Jim" wrote:

>Actually it might start a flamewar, but ignoring for the minute where code
>was derived from, you might want to look at piranha from RedHat.  I believe
>they only support the NAT version at this time.
>http://www.redhat.com/support/wpapers/piranha

Looks like I should have read everything before posting. :)  Yeah, the
0.2.x versions of piranha (what we shipped in 6.1) only supported NAT.
We are currently stabilizing the 0.3.x stuff and then we'll have a
0.4.x "stable" release (probably next week sometime).  The new piranha
has these features:

 - Direct routing/tunneling support
 - pseudo-generic service load balancing
 - server failover
 - web based GUI config tool
 - persistence and persistence netmask configuration support

Mike

Mike Wangsmo                                               Red Hat, Inc

"I've seen this before in Montana!  Its snowing, nobody lick a flag
pole" -- Peggy Hill