Maxconns patch for ip_vs_wlc.c

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Maxconns patch for ip_vs_wlc.c
From: "Ty Beede" <tybeede@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 09:41:00 -0800
I wrote a little patch and posted it a few days ago... I indicated that overflow might be accomplished by adding the overflow server to the lvs last.  This statement is compleatly off the wall wrong.  I'm not really sure why I thought that would work but it won't, first of all the linked list adds each new instance of a real sever to the start of the real servers list, not the end like I though.  Also it would be impossible do distingish the overflow server from the real servers in the case that not all the real servers were busy.  I don't know where I got that idea from but I'm going to blame it on my "bushy eyed youth".  In responce to needing overflow support I'm thinking about implementing "prority groups" into the lvs code.  This would logically group the real severs into different groups, thoughs with a higher priority group would fillup before those with a lower grouping.  If anybody could comment on this it would be nice to hear what the rest of you think about overflow code.